Early TR4 Frame

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Early TR4 Frame
From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:04:01 EDT
I just lifted the body off of CT1798 L and found an early type frame with the
extensions on the body mounts that secure the cockpit floor area.  I remember
someone on the list writing about this a couple of weeks ago.

I am curious as the tag on the front cross member has a "B" on it.  I thought
that the TR4's had "C" stamped on this tag.  This car appears to be parts
from a few different cars as the rear H section is a three piece, has a long
bubble bonnet and a boot lid with a manual support rod.

The spare tyre securing point in the trunk is a welded stamped hoop.  The
front fenders have the extra securing sheet metal screw at the very front.
The rear wheel arches have mounting points (4) for the seat belts about
midway up the inner surface.

The engine number is correct for the CT number but no there is no body tag.
The body in white number is ZS17010.

It came with early style seats and the domed gauges but these parts were all
in boxes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is the frame that came with the
car originally?

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA