RE: Brakes

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:44:19 -0700
> All I need now is confirmation from someone with both a TR6 and a GT6 that
> the callipers are the same, then my friend can start looking into fitting
> them to his GT6!

Graham, my GT6 Mk3 SPC lists the calipers as P/N 311851/311852, which are
the same 16PB calipers that the TRF catalog lists for some middle TR6.

My GT6 Mk1/2 SPC lists P/N 307843/307844, which cross reference to the same
P/N as the 307976/307977 that TRF has listed for the early TR6.

And, since the TR6 mounting plate didn't change (although the mounting bolts
did), the late TR6 (metric) calipers must have the same mounting centers as
the earlier ones, and as the GT 6 Mk 1/2/3.

Hope this helps
Randall