Replacement Steel Wheels for TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacement Steel Wheels for TR6
From: "Curt Sillman" <csillman@sherbtel.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:53:23 -0500
Hello List:
    I am new to this list and a new TR6 owner.  While I haven't yet
participated in any of the discussions on technical issues related to
Triumphs,  I have already filed away many topics for future reference.  I have
been amazed at the technical expertise possessed and willingness to share by
members of this list.  So thank you all.
   But the recent discussion concerning the refurbishment of bent or damaged
wheels intrigued me.  For I am in that situation--I have one wheel which is
bent.  I discovered this the day I brought the car to its new home.  The
significant other, who was following me on the drive home, noticed the left
rear wheel was wobbling terribly.  She was having a bird trying to get my
attention to get me to pull over.  After observing the situation for myself,
and inspecting the wheel,  I determined the center diaphragm of the wheel to
be bent ( i.e., not parallel to the plane of the outside of the rim), causing
it to wobble on the hub when running.  I suspect the most likely cause was
from a tire shop when new tires were installed.  There is no other apparent
damage to the wheel.  When I first discovered this, my initial thought was to
just buy a replacement wheel.  Next I discovered these, apparently, are not
readily available, at least in the U.S.
   So, my question to the list is, is there a supplier in the U.S. for steel
wheels to fit the TR6??  Or, what other options are available.  I'm thinking I
would like to keep the steel wheels--I like the looks of the wheels with the
trim rings.  Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

CURT SILLMAN
'76  TR6   CF52089UO