TR4-4A Heater Valve

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4-4A Heater Valve
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:52:10 -0500
I started my engine for the first time in 11 months last night. Everything ran
great but the heater valve leaks in all positions. The heater valve (original)
must be replaced. My heater core is currently by-passed so I don't really need
it now.

What size bolt do I need to plug where the valve goes into the head?
What's the best way to plug the pipe from the water pump housing?
Is it OK (harmless) to do the above and run it for a while? It will be a year or
more until I need to refurb and reinstall the heater.

I did search the archives on this and came up empty - probably due to
unimaginative search criteria.

Thanks,

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'