Re: TR3 Stator Tube and Control Head Fitment

To: <RayAntoky@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Stator Tube and Control Head Fitment
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:08:48 -0700
Ray,
If memory serves me, which is rare, the stator tube should have a slot in
one end only, the end that goes at the top.  The slot is for the nub on the
control head to slide into and is there to keep the control head from
turning when you turn the wheel.  The bottom end plain, no slots, dents or
other imperfections that would prevent the gland nut/olive from sealing the
oil in the steering box.

Bob