TR3A in Argentina

To: "'triumphs@Autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A in Argentina
From: Fernando Sánchez Zinny <fsz@redsa.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:48:38 -0300
From: Fernando Sanchez Zinny
Engine question, TR3A.

Dear list
I'm a new lister and have been reading enjoying and filing every usefull
information from you all. I own my TR3A since 1991 and have rallied and
raced endurance competitions fanatically since. In fact the car is the most
successful TR3 within the country, winning more than 30 overall 1st places
(including 3 Mille Miglia style Rallies and 4 Six Hours Endurance).
Extremely reliable an fun to drive, I had a complete engine rebuilt 8 years
and 45.000 miles ago. Now is showing the effort. There is a tappet (?) noise
and a noc-noc with the engine cold that disappears after 2 or 3 minutes of
warming-up. Oil consumption as usual and engine still very energic. What do
you suggest me to do, a complete rebuild or a case by case repair. Thanks a
lot. There is a Triumph Club in Argentina with some 30/35 TR3A still on
business and very active.
Thanks for your help
Fernando
1960 TR3A in Argentina