VTR southeast

To: <SOThornton@aol.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR southeast
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:12:01 -0400
Scott,
The VTR regional is Oct 24-27 on Jekyll Island Georgia,
Our plans include a special appearance by Kas Kastner; as it stands we
are looking at as many as 150 -200 Triumphs, during our last planning
meeting it was decided that we would allow other British cars to join us
for all events excluding the Concours car show. We will have an "other"
class in both Participants choice car show and the autocross.

Thursday night we will be honoring 40 years of Spitfire and the TR4,
Bill and Linda Sohl will present a slide presentation of a "lap of
America" he made with Charles Runyan, a few years ago, in Charles' TR5.

Fri: Will include all moving events, autocross at the airport conducted
by JK Jackson, gymkhana, driving tours and rallye. On the deck we will
have a "low country boil" where we will honor "Race night". On hand will
be the Le'mans TRS and the Sabrina engine owned by Charles Runyon.
Vernon Brannon, VTR President will be bringing his Le'mans spitfire and
his Factory prepared TR8, Fred Schmidt will be bringing his 1967 first
place Daytona TR4 and the 1st place Trophy. Bill Warner will also be
bringing his Group44 cars.  On hand we will have a couple of other
surprise race cars and legendary racers. Kas Kastner will conduct his
"Blackboard session" an open forum where you have the chance to ask him
questions. We will conclude the evening with a fun auction.

Saturday: Will be the day of Ocean side car shows both Concours and
Participants choice. We will conclude the evening with a banquet and
awards presentation.  Did I mention photo/craft contest, valve cover
racing and the various tech sessions; Powder coating, overdrive rebuild
techniques, carpet and interior installation, and we added a new one
classic car insurance, All this plus the Roadster Factory, Ted
Schumacher, Triple-c, Moss-Motors.

Former VTR chief Judges George Rabey & George Procter are coming out of
retirement to join us.

We would love to have you attend.  We also plan to have a team.net list
meeting as well.

Take care
Ronnie Babbitt
Event Chairman