Subject: RE: TR3 radiator removal simplified??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: RE: TR3 radiator removal simplified??
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:54:04 EDT
You could try to cut out the middle man.

The most common leak is where the  filler neck goes into the main body.  I
discovered a leak there a short time before the start of the SCCA ARRC at
Road Atlanta.  I asked a very busy Brian Fuerstenau from Group 44 for advice,
and he lent a torch and solder to me; and told me that I could do it in
place.

 It worked, and I have fixed more than one that way.  You need to drain the
water, get it very clean, and use the correct flux.

If you get it too hot and melt too much, you had to pull the
critter anyway.

You also might find an expert to do it in place for you.

HP & TS10646L