Re: Replacement Top (just a few more questions) r cn.com>

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement Top (just a few more questions) r cn.com>
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:21:49 -0400
On 12 Aug 2002 at 10:50, corey.sherman@rcn.com wrote:
> After this weekend, my top can not be repaired, and so MUST be replaced.
> ...$450 to install a supplied top, or another $400 for theirs.

A few years ago I replaced the top to my Spitfire.  Ordered one from
TRF, not one listed as a Robbins, then took it to a local installer,
a self-employed guy who does a lot of high-end cars.  He grumbled
about it being a Robbins and not fitting all that well though still
okay, but his installation price was under $100 if I remember right,
and in the end the top fit about as well as the original.  Which is
to say, pretty well but the last forward snap on each side up near
the door still won't reach.  I've been happy with it.

Just one more data point.
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com