Gunson Gastester question

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gunson Gastester question
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:09:57 -0700
Hello,

I got a good deal on the Gunson Gastester, which I always wanted because I
really don't trust myself with the other common methods of setting the
mixture.  The only problem is that the manual says to use the manufacturer's
specification for the CO level, which I can't find that Triumph documented
anywhere (likely because cheap CO meters were not widely available in the
50's and 60's).  The Gunson manual does say a typical level is between 0.5%
and 3.5%, but does anyone have an idea on what I should be shooting for?
Right now I'm measuring around 2.5%, and from the tailpipe (black and sooty)
I'd say I'm running rich, but the lift the piston test says I'm running lean
(which is why I wanted the testing in the first place!).

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS