Re: The Summer Party Report

To: SOThornton@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, vafred@erols.com, jswauger@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: The Summer Party Report
From: SOThornton@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:05:29 EDT
Hello all-

The List get together was a success!

We had 3 door prizes- won by Ed Woods, Darrell Floyd and I cannot remember
the other. We gave away a pet TR rock (Tom Householder donated), an original
TR6 brochure (donated by Rick Rock), and a wine basket from Indiana,PA
(donated by me). We had over 30 people attend with John Swauger, John's wife,
Cathy and Charles Runyan there also.

The Drive in movie was great. My 12 year old daughter has been to two
Drive-in movies, both at TSP and with me! I hope to keep it that way. If you
have never been to TSP, consider it.

Concours car show is today, along with several seminars- electrical, carpet,
and top installation. The engineer, Fred Nicklin, who I wrote about
yesterday, is also giving a seminar. He reunited with ADU 4B yesterday, the
LeMans Spitfire. His talk should be very interesting. He brought a lot of
keepsakes from his TR days, like pit passes, credentials, charts from
LeMans...Wish all of you could see it.

More later after the car show.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY