Re: The Summer Party Report

To: SOThornton@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, vafred@erols.com, jswauger@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: The Summer Party Report
From: SOThornton@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 08:41:35 EDT
Hello List-

Greetings from Armagh, PA. Ann Blair and I made it here yesterday, a little
later than planned, but in time for a full afternoon of fun. Vendors are
plentiful as usual.

The weather is beautiful and the crowd good. Top down driving is at its best.

The List meeting is tonight at 8 pm. I have already met a number of the List
members who I had not met before. We have some door prizes and I'll report
back to the List after our meeting tonight.

For those of you who have never attended a Summer Party, consider it. The
weekend is unlike other car shows. Lots of driving events, participants are
mostly TR people and the parts room is only a few steps away. They always
seem to bring in some noted TR former employee as a featured guest. This
year, he is Fred Nicklin. Fred worked with Ken Richardson in the Experimental
Department at Triumph and was Chief Test Driver. He later worked with Jensen
Healey and later for Jaguar. He is reuniting with ADU 4B, the 1965 LeMans
winning Spitfire, which is being brought to the show by Vern Brannon. Pretty
cool stuff if you like Triumphs.

The back shop has been busy repairing TR's to get them home. Nothing major as
yet, but Saturday is always a busy day back there. Fred Thomas can always be
found dispensing knowledge, wit and refreshments in the back shop. I always
seem to learn more by hanging back there than any other place. However, with
my 12 year old daughter with me, perhaps another venue would be better
appreciated.

I'll keep reporting as the weekend continues.

Steve Thornton