Re: TR6 Handling

To: "Bryan Loy" <paradise@icx.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Handling
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:05:58 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Bryan Loy"
>Although I have seen this thread posted before, it has been a while,  and
would enjoy running through the options again here as well.  My TR6 feels
"loose" on the front end, and will drift and meander about a little bit,
making me a bit hesitant to try the twisty roads w/as much
ambition as I would like.  What is it on the front end/suspension that
would
cause this?  As always, thanks in advance.
<

Brian, I would first look at the steering rack mount.  The design is such
that there is ample opportunity to set this up where the rack is loos and
will shift back and forth about 1/8 inch which will allow the car to
wander.  To test this, stand along side the car where you can see the rack
but still reach the steering wheel.  Rock the steering wheel back and forth
petween the points where the wheels start to move.  If the rack moves
noticibly then you should check into this.

Cheers

Dave Massey
71 TR6