RE: TR6 Handling

To: "'Vink, Graham'" <vinkg@fleishman.com>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Handling
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:31:15 -0400
Thanks Graham. I have been contemplating suspension work on my TR6. I plan
to do this over the winter. There seem to be a lot of different options.
There are many different kits one can purchase: stock rubber bushings,
uprated rubber, polyurethane, some other even stiffer urethane. On top of
this there are a number of parts which may or may not need replacing.

TRF sells a front suspension "magic kit" to the tune of $350. Does anybody
have any experience to share with this? It looks like there are things in
this kit such as trunions that you would only replace if broken.

I am not looking to get race car response out of my car. I just want it to
feel more stable. Can anybody help with a list of must-do and could-do items
for this?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader