Re: Yet another method of spreading viruses

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Yet another method of spreading viruses
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:59:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
One virus that seems to show up in my mailbox regularly is
designed to grab a random email address out of the infected computer's
address book and make it look like that person was the sender.
If one of the messages bounces, it comes back to you, not the
account it was really sent from.  If you click on View Source,
you can tell who the message actually came from, unless that
computer has a bogus address in its mail browser.  In that case,
just keep Norton updated and hope the person figures it out
sooner or later.

Along the same lines, I would urge everybody who doesn't have a
firewall program to get one.  Just because you may be using a
56K dial up account doesn't mean you are safe.  I was on line
the other night and a warning popped up that Norton had just
blocked a port scan on my computer.  That made a believer out
of me.
Dave