TR6 running a little hot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 running a little hot
From: Robert Snyder <rjs_cpa@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
Recently, on some advice, I ran a T from my coolant
hoses which go through the intake and additionally
routed coolant through my Weber DGV carbs.  I have the
carbs on for several years, and a mechanic friend
noticed that I hadn't routed coolant through them and
suggested that I should to help atomize the fuel.

My car always ran right in the range of the two small
dots on the temp gauge (I have a '70) and now it runs
about a quarter of an inch hotter on the temp gauge.
I haven't had a chance to measure degrees, but it must
be 10 or 15 degrees hotter.  This is perplexing since
I would have thought that additional paths for the
coolant to run would have possibly cooled rather than
raised the temp of coolant.  I can only think that
perhaps the water pump doesn't like the additional
path and the flow of the coolant has been slowed
through the system.

I wanted to take the car to TRF this weekend, but this
slight hotter running concerns me.  I am going to
change back to stock tomorrow.  Any ideas? or has
anyone routed coolant through their DGV's with no
problems?

Thanks,

Bob
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs