She drives!

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: She drives!
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:29:24 -0700
I finally got enough bits bolted up to drive my 66 TR 4A (like the
driveshaft).  First started it on Sunday.  So far everything is looking
good.  There was a small coolant leak from the block drain tap, and a small
oil leak from the fuel pump gasket, and both appear to have "healed"
themselves.

The only worrisome thing at the moment is that it appears to run a bit hot.
I think the timing is a little bit too advanced, but I forget if that is the
direction that make it run hot.  So far the only negative with the
lightweight flywheel is that the engine revs up very fast, I need to get
used to letting off of the clutch sooner!  The lightening and balancing
appear to have paid off, it runs very smooth.

I've posted some updated photos at:

http://homepage.mac.com/darrellw360/PhotoAlbum7.html

I got the transmission cover on tonight, just need to get the interior and
bonnet installed so I can start breaking in the engine (it was a bit hot and
loud driving with out the transmission cover on, not to mention the grease
shower I got as the excess flung itself off of the front U-joint).

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS