Re: PDWA

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PDWA
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:05:03 -0400
On 7 Aug 2002 at 14:08, Bryan Loy wrote:
> Pardon my dummyness, but what is a PDWA?  It's probably as plain as the nose
> on my face, but I don't get it

I've never seen the nose on your face so I can't comment on that.
However PDWA stands for Pressure Differential Warning Actuator.  It's
that thingy which the brake lines go into after the master cylinder
and before disappearing into the car's entangled entrails.  It
contains a piston which grounds a wire so as to illuminate your Brake
Warning light, should your front and rear lines ever have too great a
pressure difference.   Yes, PDWA is a mouthful.  Or if you prefer, a
noseful.--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+