Recommendations on replacement Top

To: CARIBOULH@aol.com
Subject: Recommendations on replacement Top
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:15:34 -0400 SPR# MIAS5B3GZN |June 28, 2002) at 08/07/2002 03:15:47 PM
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ed wrote:
.Year after year here (statically speaking) no matter how many tops that
are
>returned to us (and percentage wise it is a tiny amount) that "don't fit",
>after we forensically examine them to the millimeter ONE HALF of them,
year
>after year, have no flaw whatsoever in dimensions, construction materials,
>etc. Fully half of our customer/installer claimed "defective" tops (year
>after year, every year) show absolutely no perceivable problem whatsoever.

        So what you're saying is that 50% of the tops returned to you as
being defective actually are defective.  Therefore, there ARE defective
tops out there, whether they're from Caribou or Robbins or Tickford or
where ever.  Ergo, installers ARE occasionally correct in their assertions
that "the top doesn't fit".
      The last time (1989) I had a top put on my TR6, it was an AMCO top.
The first one we got was so ill-fitting and misshapen that we didn't
even attempt to install it.  The second one we were sent fit just fine.
This time, the Robbins top I got also did not fit.  Another one might have
fit, but due to the Robbins representative's customer-hostile attitude, I
decided not to even try.
       My installer is not infallible, nor did I suggest that they were.
They, just like the people who design, cut, stitch and package convertible
tops, are human, and humans make mistakes.  It's unfortunate, at best, when
people won't admit that.

Dennis Culligan