Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1221

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1221
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:28:36 -0600
Hi Bob
I had a similar problem with my TR6. All new parts but didn't work properly.
I installed a small ballcock valve (tap) in the heater hose under the hood.
It's off for the summer and on in the fall. The original allows a modicum of
temp regulation but to turn heat off I use the tap. Sorta like driving a
sprite again.
Next roundtoit step will be to rig the dash cable to open and close the tap.

Cheers
Don