motor rebuild

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: motor rebuild
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:48:05 -0500
My litlle car is still running hot after doing everything I have been told.
This causes the oil pressure to drop and that worries me. Also, the last time
I had it in the shop, I was told that the cam was worn enough that they
couldn't really get the valves adjusted properly. I'm thinking it might be
time for a complete rebuild. What do you wise ones think? compression is good,
but I'm sure the bearings are worn as the oil pressure drops to below 15 lbs
when I'm at idle, and runs only a bit over 50lbs when running down the
highway.

If I am looking at a rebuild, what kind of money am I looking at? I'm a pretty
good mechanic, but don't have the space to do a proper job so I would rather
have it done. Besides, if I have it done, then I'll get it back sooner and get
to drive it, which is what I bought it for.

Jack W.