Wire Wheels (new list member)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheels (new list member)
From: TeamTiger21@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:14:50 EDT
Received my Heritage Trust certificate and was surprised to see that my 1956
TR 3 came from the factory with 5.5" wire wheels. I would like to return the
car to wires and have done a little research on wheel availability. Before I
move ahead I would like to get some insight from anyone who has this option
stock or has made the conversion. My basic questions are:

Were these 60 or 72 spoke painted wheels?
Are there any clearance problems with certain size tires?
What tire sizes have been successful?
Is there significant error for the speedo with this set up?
Suggested sources of wheels, hubs, etc.?

thanks

Team Tiger
Barry K. Schonberger
9017 Farmington Drive