re: Rant and Good vendor news

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Rant and Good vendor news
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:07:12 -0600
I agree with both of you on the subject of Canadian suppliers. Here in
Calgary one local shop charged me $2.00/ea for new screws for the
dashpots on the H6 SUs, another supplier who claims they can give better
prices than the big 3 has never got around to giving me prices on
anything they always ask me to leave a list of what I need with them and
they'll get back to me tomorrow and when that turn into a week or more I
phone TRF or Realey Healey and place my order. The only Canadian
supplier that has earned a first phone call from me is Octagon Motors in
Vancouver they where about 30% cheaper on my floor pans than anywhere
else even TRF on sale. I like using Realey Healey when I order from the
US because I can order out all of the Big 3's sale catalogs at one place
and get an additional discount of 5% on sale items and 10% on regular
prices, plus I only pay shipping from one location. And the biggest plus
of all Realey Healey knows better than to ship UPS into Canada so you
can avoid the 20-30% brokerage fees UPS charges for brokering customs
papers the post office charges a flat $5.00 fee and parcel post tends to
be faster than UPS ground.

my $0.02CAD

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A