Re: TR-6 Master Brake Cylinder

To: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Master Brake Cylinder
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:43:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Patrick Bitton wrote:

> Hello Listers,

Hello.

> Would any of you, by any chance have a spare master brake cylinder laying
> around that you would like to sell? I would prefer new because I have 3 used
> one that are useless and would feel safer having a new one.

At the risk of stating the obvious, why don't you mail one of your useless
used MC's to Apple Hydraulics (or WHite Post or whoever) and get it
re-sleeved?

Truth be told, I've heard of folks purchasing NOS MC's that had sealing
problems and needed to be rebuilt anyway.

For $100, the re-sleeve is pretty cheap "insurance".

> If you do have one, please email me off the list with your price.

I have several... it appears that you do too.

> Thanks,
>
> Patrick
> pbitton@axess.com

rml