Ignition Advance!

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Advance!
From: Graham McMicken <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:18:39 -0700
Hello Everyone,

I recently posted about Ignition Timing.
It seems as though my advance is not working.  I do not have a vaccuum
advance, just weights on the distributor. The engine can Idle, and slowly
start to rev, if I am manually turning the distributor. I found this out, when
I was trying to think why it was backfiring, and obviously it was because
the spark was comming too late!

Now, I need to know how to fix this, I have a TR6 with a Lucas #41219D
Distributor. I was wondering if there is a way to check the advance?

Thanks,

Graham McMicken (g.mcmicken@shaw.ca)