Re: Ignition Timing

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Timing
From: Graham McMicken <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:42:15 -0700
> That suggests to me that you didn't get the plug wires all put back on the
> right plugs.  Try double-checking the firing order, and then
double-checking
> that #1 is firing just before TDC.

Thanks for helping, I checked the Firing order, and #1 is firing BTDC.
well it sure looks that way, the rotor arm is hitting #1 right as the points
open.

I can't get over how messed up it is, its un drivable. The idle is ok, like
it can last, but
the second i give it any gas, it it TOTALLY irregular, and missfires, and
backfires.
It is almost as if the cylinders are all working against each other, like,
fireing at the wrong
time. Also, the Distributor cap is very messed up, no tracking though. just
the contacts are all
worn. (thanks to my dad, the previous owner, the engine is is rough shape).
I pulled the lead off
the plug, and tested for spark. it is kind of irregular!, and sometimes
weak. but majority is fine.
The puzzling thing is all of this was worn, and the car ran FINE!, that is
untill i moved the distributor.

I will keep you updated, If anyone has more suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Graham McMicken (g.mcmicken@shaw.ca)