Acc Shaft Bearings/Mid Ohio Photos

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Acc Shaft Bearings/Mid Ohio Photos
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
My thanks to Nelson Ridel and the people at Buckeye Triumphs for their many
useful tech tips.  I did a frame off restoration 6 or 7 years ago and recently
noticed that the nylon acc shaft bearings were getting sloppy again after about
20 thousand miles.  I intend to try the recommended brass/bronze bearing swap
when I get some free time.  This sounds like a long term solution to a pesky
problem-I wonder why the manufacturer didn't think of something like this?
Also on a separate note thanks to Scott Tilton for sharing some of his photos
of Mid Ohio.  I'm still kicking myself for not planning my schedule so i could
attend this once in a lifetime event.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6