Re: Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:34:34 -0600
I belong to a car club that proclaims to except any vintage sports car
but when we have our annual car show "The European and Classic Sports
Car & Bike Show" it is always restricted to european models and I pissed
off allot of members with the suggestion that old Datsun and Honda
roadsters should be let in the show, some of the diehard said if the let
in the these cars we'll end up with the Fast and Furious crowd wanting
in. The Classic bike club just keeps out anything that was made after
1980.  But in the Italian car group my little Fiat has to compete with
brand new Ferraris I fail to understand how a 2002 Prancing Weasel
belongs in a classic car show and a Datsun Roadster doesn't.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet

>Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:56:00 -0400
>From: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>
>Subject: Re: Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?
>
>A friend of mine just finished restoring one of those Datsun roadsters - a
>2000 I believe - It's very cool and is as much a sports car as any British
>marque car.
>
>~Mike Brooks

>>> 59 Jaguar Mk IX