The best laid plans....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The best laid plans....
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:39:45 -0400 |March 28, 2002) at 06/07/2002 10:49:11 AM
  Well, I had my vacation all planned - Drive the TR6 down to VIR
for their Vintage weekend (I try to go to a new race track every year
and this year, VIR was it), then over into Ohio for a few days of R&R
(at least one day at Cedar Point on the roller coasters), then on to
Mid-Ohio for their salute to Triumph.
      I was less than 4 hours into my adventure when a young "lady"
decided to make a left turn from the far right lane on (8-lane) Rte 13
in Wilmington, Delaware.  Somehow, the 10-wheel dump truck man-
aged to miss her without running over me (he told the state trooper
he nearly tipped it over), but she plowed directly into me and drove
me into a Ford Crown Victoria waiting to make a left turn.
     Despite a LOT of damage (both front fenders and the bumper
are history, I may have some suspension damage on the right
side, not sure if the hood might be slightly bowed) I was able to
drive the car back home, but all vacation plans are off (I'm so glad
I bought all my tickets early!).
      The person who hit me was charged with "unsafe lane change".
I asked the cop if she could also write her up for being a moron and
the cop replied "Unfortunately, that's not illegal".

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH - home in the
garage awaiting extensive repairs....