TR6 overdrive questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, bbaker@paramid.com
Subject: TR6 overdrive questions
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:38:54 -0400
Cc: vtr@autox.team.net

http://www.britishmiles.com/

> I, also have converted a non
> o/d TR6
> (1969 - CC25460) to o/d.  My problem is that the o/d
> will engage but not
> hold when placed under acceleration.  I'm hoping to
> find a rebuilt unit.
>
> TRF has none, BPNW says nobody rebuilds them any
> more 'cause they can't
> get parts.  Can ya'll offer any assistance?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Baker

Bob, first, I'm copying a couple of Triumph e-mail lists, several of whose
members have fair experience with OD gearbox woes. Perhaps one of them will
have suggestions (please make sure that Bob is copied in your reply).

Also, one of a number of sources you might contact is:

Quantum Mechanics
John Esposito
505 Wheeler Road
Monroe, Connecticut  06468
(203) 459-9612
(203) 261-8497 fax

No personal or financial interest, but I've heard good things about him.

Hope this helps!

--Andy
Andrew Mace, Vice President for Member Services
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>