RE: tr3 suspension reassemble

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr3 suspension reassemble
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:54:06 -0700
Richard :

The only bushings that need to be reamed are the steel/brass ones in the
outer end of the lower wishbones.  Enco P/N 333-5400 ($17.85) should do.  I
made up a mandrel that makes R&R of those bushings much easier, but it
probably can be done without it.  I started with a section of 3/4" plain
steel rod from the hardware store, a little over 2" long, drilled and tapped
1/4-20 on one end so I could chuck it in the drill press using a bolt (with
the head cut off) and a jamb nut.  Using a file, I worked the body down to
roughly .725" (just small enough to pass through the hole in the wishbone),
and then about 3/4" of it down to roughly .615".

The only other special tool required for assembly is a spring compressor.

Randall