Re: Changin TR3B brake calipers

To: kkealty@rogers.com
Subject: Re: Changin TR3B brake calipers
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:44:51 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/22/2002 6:06:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kkealty@rogers.com writes:

> My problem now is that the brakes work, but one front caliper doesn't
> release.
> I removed the pistons and cleaned them and the cylinder bore but it didn't
> help.

Kevin,

I had a brake release problem on both my TR3B & TR4.  I would apply the brake
and it would take 30 t0 40 seconds for the calipers to release.  Now both
cars had fully restored braking systems including new hoses.

The problem on my cars was the Restrictor Valve that sits on top of the four
way union, up front, right hand side of the brake line.  It is a NLS part.  I
tried several used ones to no avail.  It is supposed to keep slight pressure
on the pads to take up wear.  I finally just took the guts out of the valve
to solve the problem.

Darrell