Re: TR3 Tops

To: bbrewer@qnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Tops
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:24:33 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/2002 9:10:12 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
bbrewer@qnet.com writes:

> Above 70 mph the top would come unsnapped at the
> bottom just behind the passengers door and begin flapping in the breeze.
> The
> top seems to fit well. Any suggestions?

kThe lift a dot fastener springs get tired and don't grasp the stud
sufficiently sometimes.  You can replace these fasteners with new.
Alternatively the stud may be worn, or the wrong one installed here.

      Anybody else have any tricks for using the top, making it seal better,

> etc.?

The best trick I know is to assemble the top onto the frame but with the
final short joint of the top bow assembly folded, not in the up position.
Then get into the vehicle, grasp one side of the assembly in each hand,
right at the final joint and pull.  It should pop into position.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM