RE: Remember the screamin' tach (TR3A)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Remember the screamin' tach (TR3A)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:11:00 -0700
> I assume this means the tach is jammed up somehow. Any trouble shooting
> knowledge out there? Any way to free it up? Or is the tach itself shot?

Ed :

Inside the tach, the shaft runs in a bronze bush.  I don't know of any
replacement parts available, but you might be able to disassemble, clean and
lubricate it, and get it back working for awhile.  Sounds like your
screaming was that bushing.

Seems like we've posted Tony Rhode's speedo (and tach) article a lot lately,
but here it is again
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes/Speedo.html

Note that the tach mechanism is almost identical to the speedo, except it
lacks the odometer.

Randall