RE: TR3a switch placement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a switch placement
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:45:46 -0700 o m>
> Another question, does someone have a spare heater button/pull
> they would be
> able to part with?  It seems I am without one and the fingers
> hurt trying to
> activtate the heater :-P

The original is not a pull, rather it's a twist rheostat.  Fairly
rare/expensive.  However, the pull switch normally used for the wipers (and
dash lights on earlier cars) would work fine.  The rheostat only adds
'flicker', the switch will still give you 'dim' and 'off' <g>

> 1- run the black line from the spare wire on the temp gauge (green) to the
> reostat
>
> 2- connect the bullet connectors together between the reostat and
> the heater
>
> 3- ground the eyelet wire on the heater to the body, somewhere, any
> suggestions?

I believe those are all correct, except the spare wire is on the fuel gage,
not the temp gage.  According to the book, the ground lead is fastened to
the "LH dash bracket by one of it's forward mounting screws".

Randall