TR3 Temp Gauge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Temp Gauge
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:04:01 -0400 (EDT)
 I just purchased a replacement temp gauge and noticed that the (capillary?)
tube coming out of the back looks like it can be disassembled by unscrewing the
nut.  The new gauge face is clearly not authentic (orange needle, etc.) and I
would like to use the old, original gauge and replace the tube.  A previous
owner cut the tube off the old gauge.  Without removing the old gauge (yet),
can I just attach the new tube?  If I cannot do this, any suggestions where I
can get a more authentic-faced replacement gauge?

Thanks in advance.Steve PecaFranklin Twp, New Jersey1958 TR3A - TS23867L