RE: Fishing things out of gas tanks question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fishing things out of gas tanks question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:03:32 -0700
> Has anyone had luck or have any experience on how to fish this out without
> removing the tank?  I'm putting a new sending unit in and thought
> I'd try and
> remove the stick somehow. TIA

Dave :
I haven't tried it, but this tool (and a small flashlight) might be of some
help :
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=1826

Another thought is that pulling the tank will make it easier to R&R the
sender, plus give you a chance to inspect for rust and whatnot.  If the
bottom of the tank is rusting, it's probably better to fix it now rather
than wait until it fills the trunk with gas/fumes.

Randall