Re: TR3A water pump noise

To: Kinderlehrer@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A water pump noise
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:23:15 EDT
In a message dated 5/14/02 8:03:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kinderlehrer@mindspring.com writes:

> Ray,
> How do you know it's the pully hitting the body and not the fan belt?  I
> had
> a noise in my water pump at low RPM until someone used one of those candle
> looking things on my fan belt, quited it right down.
> Bob

Bob:
I observed the pulley hitting. It's an unmistakable metallic clang!  I just
removed the belt and took off the nut holding the pulley to the pump. The
pulley does not seem to want to budge. In any case if I get it off and remove
the pump I have a replacement pump and pulley waiting in the wings. Only
problem with that is the thread on the end of the replacement pump is
different than the one in the car. I hope it's not a Whitworth one as I'll
have a hard time locating the right nut . There are three part numbers on the
box which indicates it's from the UK. One number is OCP 170.  The Vera parts
number is 57-00919. Another handwritten number is 28-05601. maybe I need only
to change the pulley in which case I use the same nut.
Oh what fun!.

Ray Antoky..
59 TR3A BRG
Brooklyn NY