Re: show judging

To: James V Laviana III <jimmad@juno.com>
Subject: Re: show judging
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 20:34:50 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "[unknown]" <vafred@erols.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Message text written by James V Laviana III
>I'm talking about "Concours Judging" not popular vote. The judges should
be impartial, and the points should determine the winners!
<

A lot of traffic has passed through the list and I am a bit unsure what
this is in response to but it may be in regards to local club members being
more likely to win at car shows.  If so read on.  If not, please delete.

I can not speak for other venues but I have volunteered to judge concours
at the VTR convention for the last several years and feel qualified to
comment.

There is no "home cout advantage" at the VTR in the concours judging.  Lord
knows the local guys are all busy doing other things associated with the
convention and are too busy to judge.  The judges, themselves, do not
represent an elite group of "cognicentii." If you wish to be a judge all
you have to do is setp forward.  The judges who do the judging come from a
wide range of clubs and regions.  There is always a shortage of judges and
volunteers are always welcome.  I have even accused Darryl of hoodwinking
me (but the truth is if I really didn't want to do it I wouldn't).

The judging committees add up the points and the one with the most points
wins the class.  It's just that simple.

I have judged at the last four VTR's and I can say that I have remained
completly objective and for the most part I wasn't even acquainted with the
car owners.

Popular choice is another ball of wax.

Dave