Re: Manifold Studs

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Manifold Studs
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@ivwnet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:18:38 -0500
I think it's fair to ask for another gasket.  I didn't, but I'm sure that my
vendor would have given me one.  I feel he got taken too, so I just reported
it to him so that he wouldn't sell any more to the next person.  I am just
so disgusted with a new part that fails like that.  I feel sorry for Moss,
because these junk studs are linked to their name, when the fault really
lies with whoever they bought them from.  Moss gets the black eye, not XYZ
company.  You should NEVER be able to pull threads off a stud.  Snap it,
yes, but to pull threads means that the steel is way too soft.  I reused my
old rusty studs after pulling off the threads the new ones.  Do you know
anybody else where I can get either NOS or studs made out of real steel?
Next time I pull the manifolds, I like to put in new (good) studs.

You know what is strange, The long studs are the ones that failed for me
too.  The short ones torqued ok, but I still don't trust them

Bill