RE: turning the oil pump

To: <PeterSchop@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: turning the oil pump
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 22:40:29 -0700
Peter :

Yes, the project is rather more complicated on the TRactor motor.  You'll
need to remove the distributor pedestal, and lift out the gear and shaft.
As I recall, the shaft you use to turn the pump needs to fit snugly in the
bushing, or the oil will just run around the shaft instead of pressurizing
the engine.  And, the end of the shaft needs a flat tip like a screwdriver
to engage the slot in the oil pump rotor.

Then of course you have the rather entertaining task of putting the gear
back in the right position, even though the pump has been turned and most
likely will not line up ...

Don't forget to notice that the top of the gear is not symmetrical, the
dizzy will only engage it properly in one position.

Randall