RE: Home Storage Lift?

To: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Home Storage Lift?
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:23:17 -0400
>===== Original Message From Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com> =====
>I've been looking into getting a home lift to be able to not only work on
>the cars, but store my 2nd one above the first.  Anyone have one or done
>research that can give me some suggestions?

Joe,

I have a 4-post lift that I picked up used for about $1500.  I it a "Stinger"
brand and is smaller than most and specifically designed for small cars.  This
is an issues I had not realized.  The full size 4-posters take up a very large
foot print in your garage.  You also need a high ceiling in the garage to
allow the full height lift.

I could never have justified the lift at list prices ($3600) but I am very
glad to have it.  No more sore back and filthy hair from going under the jack
stands.

The 2-post would have been my first choice... but you can use a steel or 4x4
wood beam cross piece between the wheel ramps to jack a wheel or support the
engine.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site