Re: BMW Sells British Motor Heritage Ltd.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BMW Sells British Motor Heritage Ltd.
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:45:34 +1000 FILETIME=[27BA0E90:01C15C92]
When BMW owned Rover etc and were considering the Triumph and Austin-Healey
names it could have been a return to the bad old days of badge engineering.
We may well have had the MGF rebadged as both a Triumph and an Austin Healey
(albiet in a more tuned form).

When presented with that possibility I would prefer to see the Triumph name
rested for a little while longer and to come back one day with an un-shared
body/engine.

But then again, it could be worse- BMW could rebadge the Z3 as a TR!!! ;-)

Cheers,
Michael