Re: TR6 Transmission Installation

To: pandachadwell@mac.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Transmission Installation
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 05:58:33 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Pete,

Sorry I'm so late with this reply but I just returned from vacation and
wanted to forward my input to you on installing the transmission.  I
installed mine by myself and was surprised how easily it went into place.

I placed a block between the engine and the firewall so that the engine
was firmly held into one position.  I then shimmed the block as necessary
to angle the rear of the engine slightly higher than normal and installed
from inside the car. The only difference in my install was that I did
align the clutch with the tool prior to installing.

Good luck,
Jay Welch - Abington, MA
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/