TR4 Window Regulator Question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Window Regulator Question
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:38:36 -0700
For what it's worth... I took everything apart, and found a couple of other
things missing - washers, etc.  I did find the stop bracket (two of them
actually, so I suspect the other one belongs on the passenger side door) in
a box of "spare" parts that the PO gave me when he sold me the car.  This is
becoming a common occurrence... I dig into something, and notice something's
missing - go to the "spare" parts box, and wah-lah, there it is!  I'm
starting to suspect that the PO's definition of a spare part is "something I
was too lazy to put back on last time I had it apart." :)

Anyway... after taking everything apart, and putting it back together, the
situation did improve slightly.  However, the rear of the channel still sits
higher than the front, and it still strikes the windscreen frame wrong (top
of the glass hits before the bottom).  It seems to me that the channel is
supposed to sit a little rear high.  If this is the case, could my
windscreen itself be tilted back too far?  I noticed a comment in my Bentley
workshop manual that seemed to indicate that there was some room (limited)
for adjustment of the windscreen angle.

Any thought, opinions, or suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4