Re: Carb vs. PI question

To: "Triumphs@autox. Team. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb vs. PI question
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:44:41 -0500
The power comes from the camshaft, compression ratio, and the INTAKE
MANIFOLD design.The PI manifolds have individual runners and throttle
butterflies. The PI system can BREATHE.

Despite it's mechanical nature the Lucas system is a sequential multi-port
injection system which in some ways is more advanced than the Bosch CIS-E
(electronic continuous injection system) I have on my modern German station
wagon.

You can get the same amount of power from triple side draught Weber carbs
(one barrel per cylinder) but with carbs you still have a tradeoff between
a smooth idle and a tire smoking wide open throttle The fuel injection
system provides the right amount of fuel under most load conditions.
Properly calibrated the PI system will deliver a decent idle and will still
deliver full power at wide open throttle.

-Erik (1974 TR6 PI )
--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com