Re: Aluminum heat shield

To: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Subject: Re: Aluminum heat shield
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:36:54 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Hi all
>A while back there was some discussion re heat suppression liners that were
>installed under the carpet. Can someone advise as  to the name of this
>product and where it can be obtained and also the "correct installation
>procedure.

Just finished having this done to Casper, don't know the "name" of
the product, but we got it at Orchard Supply, it is aluminum foil on
both sides of a what appears to be bubble wrap, making a "sandwich".
About a 1/4" thick, we put it on clean painted metal and used 3M
adhesive to hold it down, used aluminum tape (about the width of duct
tape) for the seams, then put the carpet back over it with a small
amount of the 3M adhesive.  We covered from the firewall to the rear
of the seats (stopped there because of seat belt mount interference).
Have not tried it yet, the engine is still out, but my guy says it
will dramatically reduce noise and heat...sure hope he is right.
Not sure if the this is the "correct" procedure or not, but it seems
to have worked.

Good luck

--
Bill Pugh