TR4 Glovebox - Plastic, Cardboard or Custom? Warning: opinions expresse

To: <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Glovebox - Plastic, Cardboard or Custom? Warning: opinions expressed herein.
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:40:50 -0600
A few questions to help you decide.

Are you building the a trailer queen to win trophies?  If so then the answer
is obvious. (hint: buying trophies is cheaper than building show cars)

Do you want to hide your expensive stereo from prying eyes?

Does this car belong to you and if so should it not be finished in a manner
that serves YOUR needs and not some uptight "the scratches aren't in the
right position" anal retentive concours judge.

In the club I belong to we operate under the dictum that "we own the cars -
the cars do not own us".  That doesn't mean that our cars are ratty tatty or
hot rods. Some of us prefer purely original, others put TR4A drivelines in
TR3A's. One even put a Miata engine gearbox in an otherwise 99 point MGA
TwinCam. ( It's reliable, powerful, efficient and the logical extension of
how Japanese industry took other nations technology and made it work
better.)  The bottom line is, it's his car.
Just something to think about.
My opinion obviously falls into the camp of "It's your car, do what's right
for you."  And if you think that some day you will want to sell it to a
purist, keep the old bits.
Cheers
Don