RE: TR3a rear end mounting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: RE: TR3a rear end mounting
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 00:50:21 +0000 worldnet.att.net>
Dave:

  Just had mine out last week and ran into the same
thing.  Everything lined up better after I loosened the
first side that I'd already torqued down.  If you put a
jack under the pinion flange to keep the rear end from
trying to rotate forward it will help also.  The pins
through the springs and the holes in the pads are a
close fit, and won't go together if off by much.  Just
make small adjustments and finesse it into place.
(leave the BFH in the toolbox!)

Mark Macy
1957 TR3 TS17734