Re: TR4A hood letters & emblem

To: herald1200@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A hood letters & emblem
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:09:47 +1000 FILETIME=[DA603590:01C118B5]
Scott A. Roberts wrote:

>It seems to me, when I test fit the new letters for my Herald, that >they
>are just a little bit "crookedy" Could this be because they are >not exact
>reproductions, or just the holes were badly drilled at the >factory, or am
>I not looking at them right?

I don't know about 'crookedy' but the TRIUMPH lettering on my TR4 sits in a
slight arch vaguely following the arch of the bonnet's front lip. This makes
a proper template all the more important as simply ruling a straight line
would be incorrect.

Also the letters have two pins that go through the holes. It seems from my
template that they are in sometimes strange configurations on some letters
such as the M so that the two holes are not really 'straight' but the letter
appears straight once in place. Maybe the holes were not properly lined up
upon drilling hence their crooked appearance.

Regards,
Michael
63' TR4 (with a 'universal' bonnet)